Using your bike as a Throttle only Moped.
If you do not use pedaling on your E-bike for most of the time, the following would need to be kept in mind;
- The top speed would be limited by the settings on your bike.
- The Throttle is meant to be used on flat surfaces or gentle inclines.
- If the throttle is applied on a steeper incline your chain or another component of the bike's transmission system may break down.
- If the throttle is used more frequently than pedaling the components on your transmission system would wear out quickly and this would not be covered under the warranty.
- The biggest disadvantage you would face with a throttle-only ride is faster depletion of the battery capacity and therefore the range would be severely limited as compared to normal estimations.
- The motor can heat up rather quickly with throttle only use and can burn out or shut down under certain situations.