- Open the Box and remove the main bike body
- Remove all packing materials from the bike
- Remove the front wheel from the bike and install. The fender will be attached to the front tire
- Note: It can be easier to install the front fender at this point
- Install the handlebars
- Install the pedals
- Install front fender and headlight
- Install the rear rack
Your bike should now be ready to ride. If you are having any difficulties with this assembly, please submit a support ticket using the same email you placed your under. Please note in the ticket your Biktrix order number, the trouble you are experiencing and include photos of the issue.
Note: Videos may show different bikes however installation of the parts is the same process.
How to Install Front Wheel
- Locate Quick Release skewer in the charger box or attached to the front wheel
- Unscrew one side and remove one spring
- Insert skewer with lever one the brake side
- Slide spring onto a skewer with the smaller cone towards the wheel
- Screw on end nut 1 turn
- Remove protector and slide fork onto wheel while carefully aligning brake rotor into the caliper
- With bike upright and weight on the front tighten end nut on a skewer and close cam lever (cam lever is tight when it has resistance at 50% of closer, then close all the way)
How to Install Handlebars
- Remove the faceplate from the front side of the stem via 4 Allen key bolts
- Place handlebar onto the stem and hold the faceplate
- Carefully thread in one bolt by hand about 2 or 3 turns
- Now start threading the other 3 bolts
- In an X pattern gradually tighten the 4 bolts while making sure the top and bottom of the faceplate are evenly spaced
How to Install Pedals
- Apply a small amount of grease to the pedal threads
- Note there is a right and a left pedal, they have different thread directions and are labelled with an R and L respectively
- Insert the right pedal into the right crank arm, turn the pedal axle clockwise to tighten, use a
15mm pedal wrench to tighten
- Insert the left pedal into the left crank arm, turn the pedal axle anti-clockwise to tighten,
use a 15mm pedal wrench to tighten
How to Install Fender and Headlight
- Locate the fender hardware:
- 1x M8 bolt w/nut (on bottom of the fork)
- 1x Long M6 Bolt w/ nut and washers
- 1x Black Spacer
- 1x U shaped bracket
- 1x Locking Washer
- Hardware will be found in the charger/toolbox
- Attach the fender, U Bracket and spacer to upper mount in the order: Bolt, U Bracket, fender tab, fork arch, spacer, fender tab, washer, locknut.
- The shorter side of the fender is the side that will face forward.
- Next with the U bracket insert the light in the middle. Then insert the M8 bolt so it goes through the U bracket and the light. Attach the locking washer then the nut on the threaded end and tighten.
Watch this video if you need more help installing your fender and headlight.
How to Install the rear rack
- Locate the required hardware in the toolbox
- 4x Short M6 Bolts
- 4x Washers
- Line up the rear rack with the holes on the rear of the bike
- Screw in all of the bolts with a washer in between the rack and the head of the bolt like in the image below