- 4mm, 5mm, 8mm Hex Wrench
- 13mm Socket
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- ISIS Crank Puller
- Deep Hollowtech External Bottom Bracket Socket
- Deadblow Hammer
- 12” Adjustable Wrench
- Split Ring Pliers
Drive side: right
Non-drive side: left
Crank: arm attaching pedal to axle of motor
Chainring: drives the rear wheel, via the chain and cassette.
Chainring spider: attaches the chainring to the motor.
- Use your key and remove battery from bike
- Remove the drive side crank bolt from the crank using the 8mm hex wrench.
- Screw the crank puller into the crank arm at the axle. Use the 12” wrench to tighten the bolt on the crank puller, and extract the crank from the axle
- IMPORTANT: Making sure the bike is on level, solid ground, and the chain is engaged with the chainring and a sprocket on the cassette, use the Deep Hollowtech External Bottom Bracket Socket to remove the silver lockring from the chainring spider by loosening it clockwise (the lockring is reversely threaded).
- Remove the chainring spider.
- On the top of the motor on the non-drive side, there is a plastic cover. Remove it by loosening the three #2 Phillips screws (Note that some motors have #3 Allen bolts instead of Phillips). This will expose the nuts on the bolts holding the motor into the frame.
- With the bike upside down either in a bike stand, or on the ground (taking care not to damage the display or other controls on the handlebars), use the 13mm Socket and 5mm Hex Wrench to remove the nuts and washers from the bolts holding the motor onto the frame.
- Using the 8mm hex wrench, and the deadblow hammer, tap out the bolts holding the motor onto the frame from the non-drive side.
- If there are cables routed underneath the motor, pull them to either side of the motor, and then tip the motor to the back, resting the bottom on the tire, and the edge of the motor mounting bracket. Unplug the power cable, and then unplug the other cable connectors, by depressing the plastic tab on each one, and pulling apart, being careful not to damage the connectors.
- Take the motor, and move to a clean surface.