I got a new bike…..now what?
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Biktrix bike. We want you to get maximum enjoyment from your new ride, so here are a few tips for the road…
- Your new bike is equipped with disc brakes. To gain maximum stopping power and get minimum noise from your disc brakes they must be bedded in. Please read this article for more information.
- Your new bike is a hard-working machine, and parts can wear out. For maximum chain life riding should be started in an easier gear and you work your way up to a harder gear. The same goes for the amount of power from the motor to your drive chain, the lower the assist level to start, the better the life of the chain. For more information on shifting your bike view this article.
- When should I shift gears? In general, you should shift before you need to. This is not always possible as you might be enjoying your ride and forget. If you need to shift while going up a bill, relax the pressure you are putting on the pedals or throttle, shift, and then continue as normal.
- Your chain is already lubricated and the bike is ready to ride. When your chain needs to be lubricated and cleaned take a look at this article.
- Many of our bikes come with Quick Release Wheels. It is important to have the QR lever closed properly on the bike. Please see the images below for proper placement:
Ok, the serious stuff is over, now go out and enjoy the ride!